Abnormal Menstrual Period

I am 30yrs old woman having a problem of iregular mentrual period,am not pregnant and i have visited a female doctor and my womb,bladder and whole body was checked no cause was found.sometimes in 3 months i don’t see my period and may be when it finally comes is very light in colour and it does last more than a week. The most painful thing is that my stomach looks big like am pregnant but am NOT,is so embarrassing because people keep asking me if am pregnant.I do abs exercises but no result.PLEASE help me recommend any solution to normalize my menstrual period .I will be very grateful if you help me find solution to this problem.Thank you.

It may be due to hormonal imbalance, changes in diet, travel, stress, illness, strict exercise regime. Treatment involves first ruling out causes of menstrual disorders. Blood tests such as hormonal test and ultrasound may be necessary.
Good nutrition is essential to regulate menstrual disorders.

• Eat healthy, well balanced diet that includes plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables, flaxseed and soy products.
  • Eat food that promotes blood circulation such as chestnuts, peaches and sweet basil.
  • Drink plenty of water.
  • Take adequate amount of vitamins and minerals particularly vitamin B.
  • Stress reduction is also important in regulating menstrual disorders. Set aside a regular time each day specifically for relaxation. Go for a regular walk, or listen to music.