Any home remedies that work other than cranberry juice and water for a UTI? I am on meds but need a boost!?

I am on penicillin but I would like to know some home remedies that help a UTI other than cranberry juice and water!! Plus I have a yeast infection too from the antibiotic so any HOME remedies would be appreciated!!

1 Like

Here are few tips:

• Eat natural diuretics such as watermelon, parsley, celery and cucumber or make a juice of these.

• Add ginger and garlic to food which has a powerful antimicrobial effects.

• Restrict your sugar intake as it can feed bacteria.

• Take unsweetened yogurt 2 to 3 times a day as you are taking pencillin. It helps replenish friendly bacteria in the gut.

• Eat food that clears heat such as grapefruit, pears, lettuce, cucumber and spinach.

• Avoid spicy foods and caffeinated drinks.

• Take Vitamin C supplement to enhance immune function and acidify urine to decrease bacterial growth.

Drinking all that cranberry juice can be a task within it’s self and while it is important to increase your fluid intake I would recommend Cranberry extract pills. Walmart carries a generic band for about $5 for 100 pills take two pills three times a day. They can be found in the vitamin aisle and taken as a preventive. You can get a probiotic in the same place. They are a tad bit expensive or you can eat two yogurts a day for two week