Are there natural herbal remedies for dental cavities?

Consume Raw Dairy and Nutrient-Rich Foods

Raw dairy is filled with the vitamins and minerals that contribute to a healthy dental fluid flow and help maintain strong teeth and promote oral wellness. Thus, it’s a great way to get cavity-free teeth. Loaded with calcium, vitamin K2, vitamin D3, magnesium, phosphorus and fat-soluble vitamins, it’s a good idea to consume raw dairy products at least weekly. I recommend goat milk kefir, raw cheeses and organic grass-fed butter as great options.

Remember, if you’re going to beat tooth decay, you need to increase your fat-soluble vitamin intake and mineral intake. If I were creating an ideal diet to follow, it would look like this:

Rich in animal foods like bone broth, meat, fish and eggs.
Raw and cooked vegetables, especially green leafy vegetables.
Raw dairy like kefir, cheese and grass-fed butter.
Fruit, one piece daily early in day.
Vitamin D — get plenty of sunshine, and days not in sun supplement with 5,000IU daily of D3.
Foods high in healthy fats like coconut oil, avocado, olives, and fish or fermented cod liver oil.
Fermented grains only and in moderation, such as true sourdough bread (or even better no grains at all). You can buy raw flours and breads.
Nuts, seeds and beans only that have been sprouted.
Finally, NO processed foods, packaged foods or fast food.

Use Mineralizing Toothpaste

First of all, I know it can get expensive, but there are several brands of fluoride-free toothpaste that you won’t have to pay a small fortune to get your hands on. Second, if you’re looking to save a buck or two and also want to remineralize your teeth in a particularly powerful way, try making your own Homemade Remineralizing Toothpaste:

4 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons baking soda (aluminum-free)
1 tablespoon xylitol or 1/8 teaspoon stevia
20 drops peppermint or clove essential oil
20 drops trace  minerals or (calcium/magnesium powder)
  1. Try Oil Pulling

Used for centuries by Ayurvedic medicine, oil pulling is a fantastic oral detoxification procedure that has gained some popularity in the U.S. the last several years. Simply done by swishing a tablespoon of oil in your mouth for 20 minutes, this simple oral detoxification procedure has been praised to cure everything from gingivitis to headaches to systemic diseases like diabetes.

If you can’t do 20 minutes, three to five minutes is still good. I recommend using coconut oil or MCT oil and a drop or two of clove and/or tea tree essential oils for maximal antiseptic and antifungal power. Here are some tips:

The best time to oil pull (like most other detoxification procedures) is first thing in the morning right after you get out of bed.
Don’t let the 20-minute time frame deter you. You won’t even notice 20 minutes have gone by if you do this during your normal morning routine (i.e., while you shower, put your clothes on and prep for the day).
I then recommend that you spit the spent oil in the trash rather than into the sink, as an accumulation of oil could pose problems for household plumbing down the road.
Immediately afterward, rinse your mouth out with warm water. Use salt water for added antimicrobial properties.
Don’t be shocked if the oil/saliva mixture you spit out is milky white or yellow.
Finally, brush your teeth as normal.

Note: This should be a relatively relaxing process, so don’t feel compelled to vigorously swish your mouth with oil for the entire time or else you’re bound to get sore jaw muscles. Simply and gently move the oil in your mouth and through your teeth without swallowing any of it.