Can a stomach ulcer cause indigestion with chest pain?

I’ve been under extreme stress for a month. I have history of stomach ulcer during stress time. I ate two chili onion hotdogs for 3:00 lunch and had a cup of coffee at 7pm. I had a sharp stabbing pain on right side rib cage for over an hour. I think it was my ulcer causing acute indigestion. Possible?

Despite the popular belief that peptic ulcers are caused by spicy foods or stress, the reality is that most of the time, peptic ulcers are caused by infection with a bacterium called H pylori which also cause indigestion. Avoiding spicy foods may help you feel better since some people find certain foods irritating.

The most common symptom of a peptic ulcer is burning pain in the abdomen between the breastbone and navel. Duodenal ulcers typically cause symptoms 2 to 5 hours after meals, when the stomach is empty, and can be relieved by eating. Gastric ulcers, on the other hand, are classically made worse by eating. You may experience pain soon after meals, and food won’t improve symptoms. For each, the duration of pain can be from a few minutes to a few hours.