Can you use chiropractic and acupuncture together?

For patients who are curious or are considering a dual treatment of both Chiropractic and Acupuncture treatments, let me explain why they can work so well together. While they have different origins and are administered through very different techniques, chiropractic adjustments and acupuncture are both excellent complementary treatments for improving and maintaining your health. At my clinic, Aspen Wellness Center, I often use both modalities to treat a variety of symptoms.

Both Chiropractic and Acupuncture work in ways that empower the body to heal without the use of drugs, surgery or other invasive treatment. Both are also designed to correct imbalances, prompt natural healing and restore a state of health that was formerly impeded. Each treatment accomplishes this in its own unique way.

Chiropractic treatment is most commonly administered using targeted manual adjustments throughout the spine to correct Subluxations or obstructions that are based within the nervous system.

Acupuncture, on the other hand, is based on the overall flow of biological energy across the body’s meridian points. Just as the hands are used to adjust the spine, puncture or pressure is used to manipulate precise Meridian Points using very thin needles. This method removes any blockages that interfere with the body’s internal balance.

In many difficult to treat cases, the use of chiropractic care and acupuncture together may be the most efficient treatment method with the fastest results. Based on your wellness goals, you and I can work together to determine if a combination of Chiropractic and Acupuncture would be a successful treatment program you.