Children with ear ache and fever

My six year old son has had a fever off and On with cough and my two year old has fever, cough and ear ache. What could be a home remedy for either of them? What could be making them sick?

If the fever persist more than 3 days, i recommend you to see doctor for proper diagnosis. There is a high chances of infection in your younger child as he is having earache also.
Fevers generally go away within a few days. Fever seems to play a key role in helping your body fight off a number of infections. Minor fevers may even be helpful in reducing the number of microbes causing your illness.
Try below things to make your child more comfortable:

• Give a teaspoon of honey mixed with few drops of ginger juice(You can grate fresh ginger and squeeze to gets the drops)
  • Give plenty of fluids to drink: Fever can cause fluid loss and dehydration, so drink water, juices or broth. You can give oral rehydration solution such as Pedialyte. These solutions contain water and salts proportioned to replenish fluids and electrolytes. Pedialyte ice pops also are available.
  • Make sure your child is getting enough rest as activity can raise body temperature.
  • Dress your child in light clothing, keep the room temperature cool and sleep with only a sheet or light blanket.
  • Avoid dairy products.