Is there a way to naturally take care of COPD for a senior citizen?
In most of the COPD cases, lifestyle changes helps to reduce symptoms and improve quality of life. Here are few tips:
- Take fresh, warm diet which is low in saturated fat but rich in fruits, vegetables, and whole grain foods. Avoid fermented and sour food, milk products. cold drinks, refrigerated food, sesam oil, coconut oil, and white flour prepations, Avoid sweets.
- Maintain normal weight.
- Stay in well ventilated hygienic environment.
- Wake up early in the morning at regular time and take a glass of warm water early morning empty stomach.
- Practice Pranayama and meditation daily which helps to relax, and dilate the bronchial passages at the onset of an asthmatic episode.
- Stop smoking, avoid close contact with people suffering from respiratory infection,
- Avoid exposure to excessive heat, cold and high altitudes,
- Avoid exposure to dust, fume, smoke ,wind ,residing in cold place and using cold water.
- Reduce physical exertion or over exertion, day time sleep, irregular or reversed sleep.
Try Curcumin(Turmeric) capsules. You can get this in Costco, Wholefoods or Indian grocery store. It is a famous Ayurvedic drug to manage the respiratory complications. These capsules are packed with immune boosting and antioxidant properties which works well to manage the symptoms like wheezing, cough.