does cellulite feel lumpy

Getting active is vital. But part of the problem with trying to disperse a toughened-up layer of cellular debris on your thighs and backside is that there’s not much blood circulation through it.

If you exercise, you won’t target the right bits unless, claim the people behind Hypoxi, you cycle in their vacuum pod which draws blood up to the surface, to get at that resistant layer.

Sounds weird, feels weird, but I did a whole course and lost proportionately more centimetres from the thighs and backside than my upper body. Result.

Alternatively, exercise wearing MBT trainers or, cheaper, FitFlops, or you could try Powerplate vibration training, all of which claim cellulite-busting, bottom-firming benefits.

There are so many anti-cellulite creams full of circulation-boosters such as caffeine and ivy extract that it’s hard to know where to start.

Do they work? I’m not convinced that any of them “break down stubborn fat cells” but if they encourage you to watch what you eat, exercise a bit more, drink loads of water and massage your legs firmly, daily, they can certainly improve the look of the skin’s surface.

By giving your thighs a continuous micromassage (you need to wear them for at least four hours a day, for eight weeks, and they’re jolly hot), they enhance circulation and improve the look of dimply bits.

I wore them diligently, encouraged when they dispersed a whopping bruise on my thigh within three days.

And? There was some improvement, though not in long-established dimples at the top of my thighs.