Does cheering and dancing cause jaw arthritis?

No words can accurately describe the physical pain that is caused by rheumatoid arthritis. (Although this mental image, for me, does come close: A Mack truck ran over me. And then it backed up, and ran over me again!) Rheumatoid arthritis pain is chronic and is not something that can be easily fixed with just an aspirin. This pain can be one of the most crippling aspects of living with RA.

ome people living with RA might show visible signs of joint damage, or may use assistive mobility devices. However, in many cases of rheumatoid arthritis the illness is invisible. Many people show no visible signs of RA. So once again, if you want to compliment someone on their good looks, go ahead. (But please don’t forget, people with RA don’t necessarily “look sick”.)

Rheumatoid arthritis is not related to age – it can affect people young and old alike. There is even a juvenile form of RA. Many people confuse RA with osteoarthritis, another form of arthritis which is typically associated with age. So if you really want to compliment a person on their young looks, go ahead! (But please don’t forget, no one is “too young” to have RA.)