health benefits of barley water

Helps Maintains Skin Elasticity

Ah, a great problem that comes with age!

As we cross 35, our body starts succumbing to all the signs of aging. This gifts us with sagging skin, fine lines, and dullness. Believe it or not, barley can help tackle it.

Improves Skin Tone

Why do I have an uneven skin tone? Why is my face getting darker by day? What about these tan lines, I always cover myself when out under the sun?

While common, these questions surely leave us searching for that one product. A cosmetic that can help us get back to the ‘original’ us. I did the same. My situation was even worse—thanks to all that sun and dust, I didn’t even remember my natural skin tone.

Barley flour was a suggested by an aunt of mine. She had convinced me to try a face pack with barley and milk, and as usual, I was a bit reluctant to do so. After a few months, I tried on this mask. At first, the change wasn’t that noticeable. Everything changed when I made it a part of my beauty regimen. I did it once a week for lack of time and patience, and honestly, it works!

Healing Properties

Be it a serious case of sunburn, or simple but painful kitchen cuts—barley has a solution for all.

Actually, barley greens paste should be a shelf-essential for kitchen klutz like me.

How does this grain help?

Barley is a rich source of zinc that speeds up the healing properties of the body. Barley greens, when taken orally or applied as a paste, can heal facial lesions within 5-6 months.

Promotes Hair Growth

Wish you could super glue your hair to avoid all those breakages and hair loss? I wished that was possible too. Seeing the tangles of loose hair on comb leaves me heartbroken.

There’s a natural solution to this problem, though. A whole grain option.

Barley is rich in the micronutrients, thiamin and niacin, that help in hair growth. It also contains Procyanidin B-3, which is isolated from barley and identified as a hair growth stimulant.