I have horrible pain in my heel and suspect it is spurs-any cure?
- Rest as much as possible for at least a week.
- Apply ice to the painful area. Do this at least twice a day for 10 to 15 minutes, more often in the first couple of days.
- Take acetaminophen or ibuprofen for pain and inflammation.
- Wear proper-fitting shoes.
- Night splints are worn to keep the heel stretched out when you sleep.
- Exercises and stretches such as calf stretches and towel stretches are designed to relax the tissues that surround the heel bone.