gout is on the foot
Try to learn what causes your own gout attacks. Here are few tips that are useful to prevent gout:
- Keep your weight under control. Obesity has been linked to gout.
- Take adequate fluid.
- Avoid a purine-rich diet.
- Reduce alcohol consumption.
- Fruits such as fresh cherries, strawberries, blueberries, and other red-blue berries, bananas, oranges, pineapple are beneficial.
- Include vegetables such as kale, cabbage, parsley, green-leafy vegetables, celery, tomatoes, red cabbage, red bell peppers, potatoes.
- Take low-fat dairy products.
Place cabbage leaves in the freezer; when having a gout attack, place a frozen leaf around the joint - this will relieve the pain. Also, munch on at least 6 cherries every day.
What work for me, and has kept me gout free without any medications:
eat as many berries when feeling like an attack is coming, that includes Cherries, Strawberries (usually cheaper and more common) and blueberries
Drink a lot of water, specially in a day in which you ate a rich food to compensate and clean your system
Add basic spices to your diet such as oregano
Potassium citrate does wonders to reduce acidity in the body. You can find it in any vitamin store. Take one a day with meals. But just take it on and off for no more than a period of two weeks
Apple Cider Vinegar is also excellent
to balance the body, but it is very strong so either eat it with meals or dilute it with water. Also here do not take it all the time but on and off
Lime juice is also great if you can add it to your diet (raw, not cook)
Diets high in purine rich foods including red meat, sea food, and meat organs should be avoided. Instead, try and follow a low-fat diet with low fat dairy products, whole grains, and citrus fruits like limes, also including carrot juice as such diets tend to bring about a significant reduction in purine levels in the blood.
Use bicarbonate of soda. Mix 1/2 teaspoon in a small quantity of water twice a day.