Home Remedies for High Blood Pressure?

Submit your home remedies for High Blood Pressure.

4 Likes

use low salt diet, drink lots of water and exercise. This will help you to reduce blood pressure.

I eat 2 pieces of raw garlic flakes every morning and evening, now my BP is very normal. I’m not taking any medication anymore.

1. Make sure you drink 8-10 glasses of filtered water every single day. Avoid chlorinated water.

2. Avoid salt altogether if you can.

3. Try to eat plenty of fruit and vegetables.

4. Exercise on a daily basis. Try to do it moderately though. Swimming, yoga, jogging, dancing, etc. is very good for you.

5. Try to avoid stress if you can. Take your mind off of anything that bothers you. Take on a hobby.

Include these juices in a diet: beet, carrot, celery, currant, cranberry, citrus fruit, parsley, spinach, and watermelon.

High blood pressure or hypertension is a medical condition where the arterial blood pressure increases.

The reasons could be too much stress, obesity, high intake of salt, diabetes etc. The probability of cardiovascular diseases such as heart strokes, heart failure, kidney disorders, heart attack etc increases with a high BP.

Given below is a list of 10 foods that can help you lower down the blood pressure:

Spinach:

It contains magnesium, folate, iron, vitamin C and is very healthy for your body. Even if you don’t like it, make sure that you include this nutrient rich vegetable in your diet as it contains those key ingredients.

Banana:

It is rich in potassium which is perhaps the most important nutrient to lower down the high blood pressure. A banana a day keeps the high blood pressure away. It assures you of good health.

Kiwi:

Of late, the kiwifruit is being prescribed to battle hypertension. Rich in potassium and Vitamin C, it helps lower down the BP. Kiwis are also rich in an antioxidant called lutein, which, it is thought, might help fight the disease.

Skimmed milk:

Easily available and a part of daily consumption. It contains plenty of calcium and vitamin D and the two nutrients team up to bring down blood pressure.

Garlic:

A single clove of garlic does wonders. It has several properties which help prevent clotting and thickening of blood vessels. Also, it can easily fight the damage caused due to high BP.

Beans:

Kidney, pinto, lima and black beans are some types of beans you should include in your daily diet. Beans are rich, both in magnesium and potassium, capable of decreasing the high blood pressure.

Broccoli:

Oozing with potassium, it also contains chromium which fights against the cardiovascular diseases. It controls the blood sugar and insulin levels.

Celery:

It contains an ingredient called phthalide which rests the muscles of the vessels and aids in the smooth flow of blood. Besides that, celery has a very calming effect and is highly recommended if you are prone to stress.

Tomatoes:
It contains an antioxidant lycopene, which is known to significantly reduce the high blood pressure. Also, tomatoes are rich in calcium, potassium, vitamins A, C and E, all the essential nutrients required to curb the problem.

Others:

Apart from the nine foods mentioned above, sunflower seeds, olive oil, avocadoes, papaya, dark chocolates and various juices are helpful in bringing the blood pressure levels to normal. It is advisable to eat vegetables and fruits rich in potassium and calcium. Intake of salt (which contains sodium) should be minimized. Avoid eating fried stuff.

You can control your high blood pressure using below tips.

Watch your weight. As your weight increases, chances are your blood pressure and related heart-stresses are increasing too.

Exercise 30-60 minutes almost everyday of the week. You can feel better soon and reduce your blood pressure noticeably if you maintain your new, cardio-regime.

Decrease the amount of salt you consume. Dietitians indicate that 1,500 to 2,400 mg of salt is all that you really need each day. To reduce salt intake, read food labels closely, cut back on processed foods, and use spices and herbs to season your food instead of salt.

Limit your caffeine intake. Studies show that caffeine can cause instant blood pressure spikes. Drink no more than two cups (200 mg) of coffee per day.

Reduce your alcohol intake. Experts recommend that two drinks per day for men and one drink per day for women are acceptable alcohol consumption levels. If you drink more than this, scale back your alcohol consumption or substitute a non-alcoholic beverage for an alcoholic one.

Reduce your stress. Stress and anxiety is one of the major causes of high blood pressure. Take time to think about what is stressing you and how you can solve the problem to alleviate your hypertension.

Maintain a healthy diet. Incorporate vegetables, fruits, whole grains and low-fat dairy products into your daily diet. Keep a food diary to track what you eat. Doctors recommend eating foods rich in potassium to help lower blood pressure, because they help to reduce the effects of salt on your body. Also, avoid consuming junk food.

Avoid second hand smoke and the use of tobacco products. Smoking throughout the day can raise your blood pressure.

Get garlic extract. This helps to prevent heart diseases. High blood pressure and cholesterol are controlled by garlic.

Hawthorn berry extract helps to improve the supply of blood to the heart and also help to support the metabolism of the heart.

Take B vitamins. Vitamins like B12, 6 and 9 can help lower homocystiene levels in the blood that can lead to heart problems. You can also find these nutrients in the daily foods you eat.

Eat foods rich in omega-3 and minerals such as potassium: tomatoes/tomato juice, potatoes, beans, onions, oranges, fruits and dried fruits. Consume fish twice a week or more. Fish is high in protein, and many types of fish, including salmon, mackerel, and herring, also have high levels of omega-3 fatty acids, which lower fats called triglycerides and promotes overall heart health.

I have had high blood pressure for over 10 years and now have it under control. I found the following recipies/regimen work so that it is finally under control. The regimen is:
(1) Exercise with perspiration - Jog 1-2 miles at least 5 days a week so that you do prespire. It should take about 30-40 minutes. Then do light weight(2.5Kg), till you feel the muscles are relaxed.
(2) Nutritional food - No pizza or juice or restaurant food. Mostly homemade food which may contain light oily food.
(3) Less food, especially for dinner - Literally my bench mark is: I am always slightly hungry. One should have a balance. If one is too hungry, your work will be impacted and you will tend to get frustrated and have a big meal later.
(4) Fasting - I fast two times a week. In the fast one can eat only fruit and tea (that contains milk), but have normal dinner. I usually also jog during fasting day. Fasting also help in controlling craving for the food for the rest of the week.
(5) Proper sleep - At least six hours of continuous sleep. However, even when the sleep is less, it should be OK

Boil a stalk of celery and a bunch of coriander, together with the stalk and roots, with water. Meant to replace plain water. Drink everyday.
This is advised by a physician and it works to bring the pressure down.
Of course good sleep, excercise and good diet is a must.

First of all consult your physician if you have severe high blood pressure. And monitor you blood pressure throughout this treatment. For hypertension, drink plenty of water. When you are even slightly dehydrated, your body blood volume is less. And if your blood volume drops you can have severe low blood pressure. To prevent this your body constricts the viens and arteries of the body to increase blood pressure. Thus, make sure you are recieving adequate water. I also highly recommend reading the book: ‘Water for Health, for Healing, for Life’

Eat celery raw or cooked or drink the juice (can be mixed with fruits to make fruit juice)daily.
The blood pressure will reduce within a week or two

Celery works wonders in lowering high blood pressure, eat one stalk of celery daily with a glass of water usually help.

Many times being anemic can contribute to hypertension however, taking a glass of beet juice daily will alleviate being anemic which in turns reduces the hypertension.

Another remedy is drinking three glasses of sodium free tomato juice daily to relieve the hypertension.

It is also important to take Omega 3 oils as they are important in regulating high blood pressure, this you can get from salmon, mackerel, cod and sardines.

Losing weight is one of the most important thing a person can do to reduce the effects of hypertension. Exercising will help in achieving this, brisk walking for at least 30 minutes or a moderate pace for 45 minutes.

Everyone at some point gets stressed, but it’s how it’s dealt with that can have adverse reaction and finally, quit smoking.Aerobics and light weight training could deem beneficial in alleviating stress and losing weight.

Garlic - Great natural treatment for high blood pressure. Regular use of garlic has been shown to reduce the blood pressure by 10-15%. That’s about 20 points for many people with high blood pressure.

Dosage - You can take Garlic in the clove form, in the powdered form, in minced form, or even as paste. There is no fixed dosage (as long as you don’t go overboard). There are no side-effects of garlic, so you don’t have to worry about the excess of it, unless you’re pregnant.

Preparation - You can add it to food, but the best is probably eating it in the form of a clove.

Recommendation - Eat a fresh clove of garlic to reduce your high blood pressure. It seems to work better raw than in food or in powdered form or paste.

Downsides - None, except it can cause bad breath.

Red Vs white meat: Fish and chicken are helpful in lowering blood pressure. But red meat will spike your blood pressure and even make matters worse. Try clubbing chicken or fish with vegetables and you are sorted!
Garlic: Garlic is a key ingredient of the Indian diet and many cuisines around the world. Remember your grandma asking you to eat a piece of garlic every day? Well she was right! This natural medicine helps in lowering cholesterol and also keeps your blood pressure in check.
Onion and honey: A quick tip to lower your blood pressure is to take a tbsp of onion juice in a cup and add two tbsp of honey. Have this concoction every day.
Curry leaves: This is one remedy that our south Indian friends mostly opt for. Curry leaves are a natural source that battles various illnesses. In a vessel add drinking water and 4-5 curry leaves, cool it and use it for daily drinking.
Carrots: Blend a carrot and spinach to get a tall glass of juice. Drink this twice a day to lower your blood pressure.
Beet root: This beautiful vegetable juice is a great way to lower your blood pressure. Drink it twice a day.
Decrease the salt in your diet: 1,500 milligrams (mg) a day

The best way to lower BP is to lose weight…I know it is difficult, but it works. I am 57 and I dropped 30 lbs over the past 6 months and it has had an incredible effect…BP down from 160/95 to 130/75…I am estatic, and am thankful everyday…I also take 1 Mukavati tablet, eat almonds, take cumin with lemon juice, and generally eat right…but I’m positive the weight was the main thing. BTW, I went from about 200 to 170…I am 5’11" tall

When my husband, Larry, took a CDL physical about 12 years ago, he was told that his blood pressure was elevated. The doctor wrote a prescription for medication, but I wouldn’t let him fill it!

I started doing research and gave him calcium capsules and garlic capsules. His blood pressure came down in three weeks and he passed his physical. His blood pressure was not extremely high…just elevated about 12 points.

I kept reading and researching, and finally found Mukta Vati and ordered it. It’s kept his blood pressure normal, much to his doctor’s chagrin, and he’s never been on blood pressure medication.

I’ve told others about Mukta Vati and I know of four who have had great success with it, too.

We thank you for a great product and for helping us realize our goal of staying off from toxic chemical compounds!