Home Remedies for Yeast Infections?

Submit your home remedies for Yeast Infections.

1 Like

I eat yogurt twice a day til the yeast infection is gone. My mother told me about this and it works. First time I tried it the yeast infection was gone the day after i tried it. If the yeast infection is really bad try eating yogurt three times a day.

Put tea tree oil on a tampon and insert. This helps relieve it right away. If needed dab tea tree oil on your finger to cover other infected areas in reach.

Hydrogen Peroxide kills yeast. Simply pour hydrogen peroxide on the outside and into the front part. Do not rinse. This is also effective for oral thrush which is yeast in the mouth. Hydrogen Peroxides’ label states that it is a mouth rinse. It does not hurt at all and it will take the discomfort away immediately. When treating your infection you will notice when you pour it on it will create bubbles. Hydrogen Peroxide is also very affordable.

Use a probiotic and take some garlic capsules. Remove sugar from your diet.
Probiotic+lots of yogurt, eat garlic
acidophillus in it.

Eat plain yogurt, or insert plain yogurt into the vagina for itching and inflammation.

Avoid nylon panties and panty hose, instead opting for cotton panties.

There are boatloads of yeast infection home remedies. Here are just a few. Men, just coat them externally.

• Yogurt. A tablespoon of plain yogurt in the vagina or on the penis will do. Leave on or in for a few hours. Do this daily until the symptoms are gone. Warning: It’s messy!

• Boric-acid vaginal capsules. If you have some boric-acid powder and some 00 size gelatin capsules, open up the capsule, and fill both sides about half full with the powder. Close the capsule, and insert vaginally. Do this daily for two weeks. Many doctors recommend this for infections that don’t respond well to the usual medications. Warning: never take orally, and don’t use or if you might be pregnant. Don’t put on open sores or wounds. Added benefit: Boric acid is good for killing roaches, too.

• Gentian violet. You’d have to keep some on hand. You can get it at your local pharmacy. Soak a long, large cotton swab with gentian violet, insert, and coat the vaginal walls. Do this daily until the symptoms are gone. Doctors used to use this before the current medications were available. Warning: Messy. Will discolor clothing.

• Tea tree oil douche. Mix a tablespoon of tea tree oil in a cup of warm water. Douche once or twice a day until the symptoms are gone. Warning: Can cause irritation. Stop if it does.

• Garlic. And then there’s our old friend garlic. Peel a clove, cut some shallow slits into it, sew a string into it, and shove it in if you dare. It’s supposed to work, but it can also cause quite a bit of burning. Since you’re already dealing with a sensitive place, I’d probably eat one a day instead.

Eating yogurt or your favorite probiotic may help also. Avoid sugar and alcohol, and get that diabetes under control. No sex. It irritates the area and will flair up the infection.