How to treat?
Treatment depends on the condition causing neuropathy. If there is no underlying condition in lab tests then the doctor might recommend for watchful waiting to see if your neuropathy improves on its own.
Here are few tips for your nerve health:
- Eat a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean protein to keep nerves healthy.
- Eat vitamin B-12 rich diet such as meats, fish, eggs, low-fat dairy foods and fortified cereals.
- Monitor your blood sugar levels.
- Exercise regularly- Try to get at least 30 minutes to 45 minutes of exercise.
- Avoid factors which may cause nerve damage such as sitting in a cramped positions for longer time that can put pressure on nerves.
- Avoid smoking and limit your alcohol intake.