how to deal with death and dying as you age

Death and dying are an inevitable part of life. Whether you are facing your own death or the death of someone you love, it is a certainty (along with taxes, so they say) that death will enter into your life. But even with that certainty, many still find that they are unprepared for dealing with death and the grief that follows the loss of a loved one. But that doesn’t mean that you can’t be prepared.

It appears that there are some people who find it inherently easier to be at peace with death, whether premature or at the end of a long life. Of the many I’ve come across in my experience, one inspirational sentiment about death I keep coming back to is a story about a little boy who passed away.

The Dying Process is a comprehensive set of resources meant to help recognize and cope with the dying process, whether it be gradual or sudden and quick. What I will do is encourage you to engage with the concepts and realities of death and dying now. Have a plan for how you will approach death and dying and what you will tell yourself when a loved one passes away. It will make your life and longevity just that much sweeter.