how to treat a kidney infection?

I can’t help but wonder if most of you have actually had a full blown kidney infection before. I have had several, and on ALL occasions the pain was so excruciating, I couldn’t even walk! I literally thought I was going to die.

My first infection, I got when I was 16, it was caused by shear stupidity on my behalf, considering I was addicted to adderall, drank nothing but soda, and hardly ate a thing. Any way, it started as back pain, and when rubbing my back to try and ease it, there was a huge lump right over my right kidney. Being only 16 I chalked it up to a large knot in a muscle that I had maybe pulled. I left it alone, but the more I left it, the worse it got. I asked my mom to take me to the doctor because the pain was getting so bad, and she thought I was just being dramatic. A week later, the pain was so terrible that I couldn’t even move out of bed. I did nothing but cry, and even THAT hurt. Finally my mom gave in, and took me to the doctor. When I got there they rushed me to the hospital across the street and immediately admitted me. The lump on my back had swelled to the size of a golf ball, and the doctor said if I had waited even 2 more hours to go in, there was a high chance I would have died.

Sconce this incident, I have had a Few more infections, each one of them haing the same symptoms, the first being terrible back pain, and difficulty/painful urinating.

Once you actually HAVE a kidney infection, the best and smartest thing you can do is go strait to the doctor. A kidney infection is no joke, and it needs to be taken care of properly to ensure that isn’t is completely gone. An untreated kidney infection can be fatal, and cranberry supliments and vinegar aren’t going to do much of anything once it gets to that point.

However, taking these supliments/teas/whatever else daily is a great way to PREVENT kidney and urinary tract infections from happening, but really, once you have one, it is best to just go to your doctor, or hospital for treatment.