My granddaughter has been having leg cramps severe enough to wake her up crying for over 6 months now, are these growing pains? Should they be lasting this long? She is losing sleep over this.
Potassium deficiency may cause nocturnal leg cramps. make sure she eats plenty of potassium rich foods, like
- Bananas, apricots, nectarines, dates, grapes, or raisins
- Cabbage/broccoli family of vegetables
- Oranges, grapefruit, and their juice
- Potatoes and corn
- Saltwater fish (for example, tuna)
- Tomatoes and tomato juice
also dehydration may cause leg cramps, make sure she drink plenty of water or juice.
she is just 3 year old, wonder how you know she has leg cramps; she may be playing a lot during day time that why leg pain might be waking up her in the middle of night.