Side effects of Divya Mukta Vati (used for High Blood Pressure)?

What are the side effects of Divya Mukta Vati, which is used for High Blood Pressure?

I do experience nasal congestion especially in night because of this medicine. Do you face similar problem?

7 Likes

my blood pressure was 145/95 so I was taking 2 mukta vati tablets a day(morning and night), my blood pressure reduced to 120/80 within 2-3 days but I was facing nasal block problem so I reduced evening tablet, now also I feel nasal block but not much(I’m taking 1 tablet in the morning).

i developed nasal congestion after taking mukta vati 2 tabs in the morning about half an hour before breakfast . Nasal congestion is acute in night and its not possible to breath through nose.

nasal congestion is common when you take mukta vati. even I experience. I dont know why it cause but you can reduce dose to 1 tablet and check.

yes acute nasal congestion is the side effect of Divya Mukta Vati it is wrong to say that ayurvedicmedicines do not have any side effects.

It is true that nasal congestion has happened with me as well.beside this it also creates breathing difficlties.

After taking Mukta Vati, even I have faced severe nasal congestion.

• Ravindra Tulsyan
1 Like

yes I have similar problem and have been taking Muktavati for almost an year

I had very bad nasalcongetsion with Divyas MUKTA VATI
Ash

Divya Mukta vati is good medicine for controlling blood pressure . But like every other medicine (ie allopathic ) for bp it has side effects too. I took Divya mukta vati for some time and I noticed following side effects.

1. nasal congestion , you will your nose is blocked specially when u trying lay down in bed.
  2. The other side effect which i notice after taking muktawati for long time (over 1 year) . It makes your body very sensitive to cold. I remember earlier i can easily face cold upto 2- 3 degrees without getting any trouble . But after taking muktawati my body became very sensitive and i feel to shiver even at 10 degree which is not that tough cold. It will make your body more sensitive to cold.

For mostly people the dosage advised (ie 2 tablets in morning , empty stomach) , i feel is very high. For starting this dosage is okay . But after few days reduce it to 1 tablet at morning and than after few days reduce it to 1/2 tablet daily.

To my experience, only half tablet in morning is good enough to control your blood pressure . With that one must do pranayam and other exercise to get rid of nasal congestion and cold sensitivity problem.

Remember ayurvedic medicine are different from allopathic medicines. So they cant be just taken in same way. Ayurveda medicine always require supportive lifestyle modification to make it work effectively. But its definitely more safer than allopathic medicines.

1 Like

I am also feeling some nasal congetion and difficulty in breathing.Also, feeling more sensitive towards cold.
But its still better than side effects of allopathic medicines…

To resolve nose congestion problem, Take
Before food: Divya Mukta vati
After food : Divya Medha vati
Dosage of both tablet should be same
One will never get nose congestion/cold/etc problem with this.

• Muralidhara

yes i do. prior to taking this tablet i never had such stuffy nose syndrome. i was a healthy person with regard to breathing and lungs. but after taking this tablet for 2 weeks it is turning out be a full blown sinucitis. i suspect the culprit is the preservative ingredients used in the tablet. but don’t know for sure. ram

i also started using Muka vati since 7 months side effects which i noticed with are Nasal congetion ,difficulty in Breathing,Sleeplessness and In Endoscopy recently noticed Hiatus hernia and peptic Ulcer.

Rama Rao

I have no side effects and have been taking over a year. I think many people can have nasal problems in the cold…could be seasonal. Also as far as ulcers - could be you’ve had them for a long time. Personally, I do very well on this.

You can either put one drop of Almond Oil in both nose before sleeping in night . I actually bought Aloe Vira Moisturizer from Patanjali’s shop to apply on face . I also started facing dryness in nose after taking Mukta Vati for 3-4 days . I applied the light Aloe vira Moisturizer with the help of ear buds in both noses . I am now feeling better actually .

Dear All Muktawati not only creates the problem of nasal congestion but it also lower the pulse rate, result of which you always feel lithargy. Another problem it also gives pain in knee joint if taken long time say -2-3 yrs

I’ve been taking DMV for more than a year and found it effective for the treatment of HBP. The side effect, after quite a few months, has been nasal congestion esp at night when you lay down to rest.
I’m reducing to 1 pill daily as my BP has been controlled.

DMV has 3 problems as experienced by most & be put on the tablet pouch along with how to take prescriptions:

1. nasal congestion
  2. Lethargy and or tiredness etc.
  3. Knee joint pain

But otherwise OK

1 Like

I have low pulse rate and nasal congestion while taking Mukta Vati. Should I continue? It is safe to continue on it? Does someone know where to find reliable information?