2 cups raw, unsalted pecans
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup erythritol (optional)
4 eggs
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Artificial sweetener equivalent to 1 cup of sugar (I prefer to use zero-carb liquid sweeteners).
1/2 cup water

Preparation
Heat oven to 350 F. Grease an 8" or 9" round cake pan or springform pan.
Place pecans in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until they are finely ground into meal (they won’t get quite as small as corn meal).
Add the cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and erythritol (if using) to the food processor and pulse again until blended. (Note on erythritol: You can do this recipe with all artificial liquid sweetener, but I’ve begun experimenting with using some erythritol in addition to artificial sweetener and have had success. I haven’t tested all different combinations yet, though - it may be that more erythritol is even better.)

Add the eggs, melted butter, vanilla extract, artificial sweetener (if using in liquid form) and water and process until well-blended.
Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan and bake until done (toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.). The exact time it takes to cook will vary with depending on your pan. Start checking at about 25 minutes.
When done, remove cake from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
To remove cake from pan, run a knife around the edge of the cake to loosen. If using a springform pan, open the lock to release the sides. If using a regular cake pan, place a plate on top of the cake pan and invert, tapping the bottom of the pan to release the cake.
Cut and serve with homemade whipped cream and/or chocolate sauce, if desired.