superfoods for weight loss

Apples are rich in antioxidants and phytonutrients that fight free radicals. They’re also packed with vitamins and dietary fiber to keep you full.

In one study, non-smoking women between the ages of 30-50 were randomly assigned one of three dietary supplements, adding 3 apples per day to their diets, 3 pears per day, or 3 oat cookies per day.

Of course, you’d expect the fruit group to lose more weight than the oat cookies group, and this was the case. The fruit group lost a pound on average more than the oat group.

I know that a pound seems small, but when combined with the rest of the foods on our list, the tiny pounds quickly add up to larger amounts of weight loss.

My favorite way to eat apples is dipping fresh slices into some portioned out almond butter with a little cinnamon sprinkled on top. That gives me three superfoods in one snack.

From fighting depression and feelings of nausea to stabilizing blood sugar levels between meals, bananas are one powerful fruit.

When it comes to weight loss, I like to eat a banana in between meals like breakfast or lunch. This gives me the energy I need to make it to my next meal and banishes my cravings for sweets.

My favorite way to eat banana is similar to apples. Cut the banana into thin slices, add some almond butter, cinnamon, and a sprinkle of chia seeds to ward off hunger pangs and make you feel full.

The deep blue color that comes from blueberries lets you know that they are rich in antioxidants that ward off free radicals. And they’re also great for weight loss.

Thanks to the combination of fiber and water found in blueberries, they’re an excellent choice to help slim down. We’ve shown you how blueberries can target your midsection specifically in this article.

I like to add blueberries to my smoothies, salads, or on top of my oatmeal.

Goji berries may not be as easy to find as the other items on my list, but they’re definitely worth the extra effort to find.

These tiny, bright berries help control appetite and blood sugar levels. They also contain a good chunk of fiber.

However, my favorite attribute of goji berries is that they contain chromium, a mineral that helps control blood sugar levels and preserve lean muscle mass during weight loss.

Goji berries are generally sold as a dried fruit, so I’ll sprinkle them on my salads or oatmeal for a little added sweetness.