Beans contain many vital minerals and dietary fibers that make them ideal for those suffering from diabetes. As diabetic people need to feel full for longer periods of time, such fiber rich food is good for such people.
Different kinds of beans to choose from:
• Beans are a good source of dietary fiber
• They are rich in magnesium, potassium and protein
Beans can be eaten in different ways. They can be had in the cooked form as well as in salads or in the boiled form in soups.
Green And Leafy Vegetables
It is known that green and leafy vegetables contain many useful nutrients that make them ideal for the diet of a diabetic person.
• Such vegetables are low in calories and easy carbohydrates
• There is insoluble fiber as well as calcium, magnesium and vitamin C
• Such vegetable lower the risk of type 2 diabetes
It is recommended that one consumes two or three servings per day of such vegetables. The kinds of vegetables that fall in this category are as follows:
• Mustard greens
• Collard greens
Berries have a lot of beneficial nutrients as well as natural sugars that do not have a negative impact on the blood sugar levels.
• Berries are packed with vitamins, fiber and antioxidants
• These help to control the blood sugar levels
• One is also fortified against heart diseases
Berries used in the preparation of sweet items like desserts will reduce the calorie and the sweet factor of the deserts and make them healthy. They can be eaten with cereals, as snacks or in salads as well.
Berries are of the following kinds:
Fish of different kinds can be consumed for the numerous benefits that they provide.
• They contain essential omega-3 fatty acids
• They are good sources of lean protein
One can consider taking fish oil supplements if eating fish is not an option. Cold water fishes of the following variety are good for diabetic people:
It is best that the fishes are prepared in a grilled or baked manner and consumed with healthy carbs like brown pasta or rice, brown bread or with salads. It is best to avoid having deep fried fishes.