what are aromatherapy diffusers

Nebulizer/Cold Air Diffuser – Cold air diffusers use room-temperature air to blow essential oils into a nebulizer to be vaporized into the air. This diffuser can diffuse quickly and efficiently; Some diffusers of this type can not effectively diffuse heavier, thicker essential oils and can be hard to clean. Unlike heat diffusers, these do not destroy the therapeutic properties of the essential oils being used. Since nebulizing diffusers work so powerfully to quickly saturate the air with essential oils, they generally run at a higher sound level and tend to use essential oils at a higher rate than any other type of diffuser.

Posted on October 18, 2014 by Christina
Which Aromatherapy Diffuser is Right for You? An Aromatherapy Diffuser Review & Giveaway

AFFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging and social media activities, I may receive monetary compensation for links to products from this post. However, I only recommend products that I personally love and use myself!.
Print Friendly

One of the most often asked questions that I hear from y’all is “Which aromatherapy diffuser should I buy?” I completely understand why you would ask that question because there are so many options out there, it can be hard to choose which diffuser is right for which situations! Today I am here to share my diffuser experiences and hopefully, make your diffuser choices a whole lot easier!

All of the diffusers that we are talking about today, are from the good folks over at GreenAir (You can also find them on Facebook and Twitter). I was generously given each of these diffusers to review, but my opinions on each, are my own! I will only share with you products that I myself love and use! At the end of this post we are giving away, to TWO lucky winners, 1 GreenAir Aroma Mister and 1 GreenAir USB Diffuser! Read to the bottom of the post to enter to win your very own aromatherapy diffuser!
Heat or Ultrasonic, which is the best choice for aromatherapy diffusion?

Have you ever wondered what the difference between the diffusers that require heat (such as a tea light candle beneath the bowl) and the ultrasonic misting type diffusers? You are not alone! The very first diffuser that I ever purchased was one of those tea light diffusers, without any knowledge that there is a difference. So what IS the difference?

Nebulizer/Cold Air Diffuser – Cold air diffusers use room-temperature air to blow essential oils into a nebulizer to be vaporized into the air. This diffuser can diffuse quickly and efficiently; Some diffusers of this type can not effectively diffuse heavier, thicker essential oils and can be hard to clean. Unlike heat diffusers, these do not destroy the therapeutic properties of the essential oils being used. Since nebulizing diffusers work so powerfully to quickly saturate the air with essential oils, they generally run at a higher sound level and tend to use essential oils at a higher rate than any other type of diffuser.

Evaporative Diffuser – Evaporative diffusers are very basic in operation compared to ultrasonic diffusers. A fan blows air through a pad or filter where the oil sits and vaporizes the oil on the pad. This type of diffuser also includes the clay pendants, inhalers, and glass pendants. The biggest problem with evaporative diffusers is that the lighter oils (top notes such as citrus) diffuse off quicker than the heavier oils (base notes). Compared to the other diffusers, these aren’t as great for therapeutic use in large rooms, but are great for personal use in your vehicle or when traveling!

Ultrasonic Diffuser – Ultrasonic diffusers are the best all around choice for therapeutic use of essential oils in your home. This diffuser uses electronic frequencies to create vibrations in water, that are carried to the surface where the essential oils are floating. The vibrations vaporize the essential oils and disperse them into the air without using any kind of heat at all. Unlike heat diffusers, these do not destroy the therapeutic properties of the essential oils being used. These diffusers do a great job of purifying the air and removing unwanted odors!