Diet is of utmost importance in the treatment of peptic ulcer. The diet should be arranged so that it can provide nutrition as well as neutralize or inhibit the production of gastric acid.
Milk, cream, butter, fresh fruits & vegetables, natural foods are the best diet for an ulcer patient.
Here are few tips:
- Eat slowly, chewing food thoroughly. meals must be small and frequent.
- Drink eight to ten glasses of pure water daily.
- Eat bananas which neutralises the acid and also reduces the irritation.
- Try almond milk.
- Juice of carrot or cabbage are beneficial.
- Try deep breathing exercises.