what do to about soreness & numbness in breast after childbirth?

Just gave birth to my daughter 4 days ago. Choose to bottle feed. My breast are very sore & are numb feeling. Need to know how to ease the pain that this is causing me.

To ease the discomfort, nurse your baby or use a breast pump to express milk. Apply cold washcloths or ice packs to your breasts, or take a warm bath or shower. Breast milk is the best food for babies with lot’s of benefits.

Anyway, if you’re not breast-feeding your baby, wear a firm, supportive bra. Compressing your breasts will help stop milk production. In the meantime, don’t pump your breasts or express the milk. This only tells your breasts to produce more milk.

I’m an RN & work with moms & babies, I know about this.If you’re not going to breastfeed your baby, avoid any touching or stimulating breasts.Don’t let water in shower spray on them, just wipe gently/quick rinse.Take Tylenol(acetaminophen) for discomfort of engorged breasts
if needed. Only ice, no heat! Wear a snug bra (NO UNDERWIRE) 24/7 until milk has dried up & get a head of green cabbage, remove several & put in freezer. Put a cabbage leaf around breasts in the bra frequently.When it’s no longer cold, remove it, rinse it & return to freezer.Cabbage will help more than anything I’ve ever seen. Contact your doctor or midwife if pain worsens or any red areas appear on breasts.