My big toe nail is separating from the nail bed due to a fungus but I don’t want to take prescription meds because of side effects…what else could I try?
- Use Tea Tree Oil on the affected nails.
- Use a garlic crusher to mash it up, and rub it on the fungus. Garlic is a natural fungus killer.
For prevention of toenail fungus here are few tips:
- Wear comfortable, well-fitting shoes. Allow shoes to dry thoroughly between wearings.
- Wear clean shocks.
- Wash your feet daily, dry them thoroughly and use a good-quality foot powder
- Keep your toenails trimmed.
Use only 100% tea tree oil as diluted tea tree oil is not well recommended for this use. Supermarkets have it, a good chemist does also health food stores.
This method of treatment is a little slower than “man made” products though so I would check with a chemist or naturopath first .