What is ghee, and where do I buy it? And is it safe to use if I am taking specific medications?
Ghee (Clarified Butter) is a semi-liquid form of Butter that has the milk solids and water removed by following a special heating and straining process. Stays fresh up to 6 months and dos not need refrigeration. Takes about an hour (approx) for the entire process.
check this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghee
Ghee (clarified Butter) preparation method:
Introduction: Its always a good idea to have fresh home made ghee. Very flavorful and add just an extra test to any dish. Very good for kids as its good for health and digestion too.
Preparation time : 5 mts
Cooking time : 20 mts
- Add all unsalted butter in to deep and heavy bottom pan. Coon it on medium heat.
- After some time foam will appear on butter and milk solids will start to settle down.
- Continue cooking till all milk solids settle down and white foam appears over butter.
- Wait till ghee cools down.
- Strain using tea stainer and store in to any Glass Jar.
- Add a pinch of salt for granny texture of ghee.
- Try to use heavy bottom deep pan.
- To avoid over boiling of butter keep spatula downward facing and in a tilt position.
see this video: