What is the cure for burning feet at night?

3 Likes

Burning feet is mostly due to peripheral neuropathy. One of the most common causes of peripheral neuropathy is diabetes others include AIDS, alcohol abuse, Vitamin B-12 deficiency and circulatory disorders.

Here are few tips which help to reduce burning feet:

• Exercise such as walking is good for peripheral neuropathy as it improves circulation to the feet.
  • Massage the feet which also improve and increases circulation.
  • Soak your feet in cool water. Do not use ice.
  • Try changes in your shoes, socks, and insoles. Use socks made of Cool-Max and other artificial fibers that wick sweat away from the feet and cool them down.

Sir/Madam,
I am diabetic-2 since 10 years.I am under constant med.treatment metformin 500 mg twice a day for last 7 seven years or so.Of late my feet show a burning sensation which could not be treated by Pregabenil 150 mg od or similar drugs for one year regular use.
One doctor tried Sitagliptin Phosphate 100 mg bd for 5 months (along with heavy doses of vit-b )but little has changed.I am a 52 year male bankers with 6 hour regular brisk walk every week.My HBA1C is about 8 for last year .
Pl advise.
Manjit

Try to get your hba1c down to 7 or below. Good luck, but you can do it! Talk to your doctor.