Community

when you swallow foreign object

Toddlers and infants often explore items by putting them in their mouth. Most people who swallow a foreign object are under the age of 3.

A child’s risk of swallowing something potentially dangerous increases when they’re left with little or no supervision.

The risk also increases when the following types of objects are within their reach:

coins
small batteries
buttons
marbles
rocks
nails
screws
pins
small magnets

Anything that can fit inside a toddler’s mouth may eventually end up there if no one is watching the child carefully. You should always childproof your child’s play area by keeping these items out of reach.