What is the best home remedy for high blood pressure

2 Likes

check below link:

http://homeremediesforyou.com/High-Blood-Pressure

There is no home remedy for high B.P. Best way is to find out best cardiologist/physician nearest to your residence.Carry out necessary pathological test as advised by him,and take the medicines prescribed by him regularly .If you find any of the side effects like pedal edema or low pulse rate or occurrence of cough,You report to the Dr. He will change your medicine suitably.Please have a faith on the doctor .As far as possible don’t change the doctor…Don’t mix up any Ayurveda treatment .

Reduce salt intake,Have a daily walk at least for 30 to 45 mints,Try to be happy all the time. DO NOT SMOKE

I PROMISE YOU YOU WILL HAVE COMFORTABLE LIFE FOR MINIMUM 75 YEARS What else you want more ?

Home remedies are good and can be tried for borderline and stage 1 hypertension. One should not trust home remedies for stage 2 and stage 3 hypertension. In such cases home remedies can be supportive that too only after consulting doctor.

Very true but there is no harm in trying home remedies.

Home remedies is not a ayurvedic treatment

Cut the salt: Limiting sodium helps control high blood pressure in those who have it and helps prevent it in those who don’t. The WHO recommends no more than 2,000 mg of sodium or five grams of salt — the equivalent of one tea spoon — per day. Beware especially of processed and packaged foods, fast foods, and canned foods - all common sources of excessive salt.

Eat potassium:
This mineral helps lower blood pressure. The recommended daily intake for adults is 3,510 mg. Potassium-rich foods include: beans and peas (approximately 1,300 mg of potassium per 100 g), nuts (approximately 600 mg/100 g), vegetables such as spinach, cabbage and parsley (approximately 550 mg/100 g) and fruits such as bananas, papayas and dates (approximately 300 mg/100 g).

Modify your diet:
Eat at least five servings of fruits and vegetables for fibre and reduce processed foods in your diet. Avoid salty food like sauces, pickles, chips etc. Fruits and vegetables are low in sodium and high in potassium which helps in lowering blood pressure. Reduce fatty and fried food, especially saturated fats/transfats and replace them with polyunsaturated fats.

Check your weight:
Blood pressure tends to increase as weight does. Every five kg of excess weight lost can reduce systolic blood pressure by two to 10 points. Fortunately, it’s also true that BP tends to drop as weight does. For optimum health, an adult should maintain a Body Mass Index (BMI), a measure of body fat based on height and weight, between 18.5 to 24.9 Kg/m2.

Exercise:
Stressful situations can cause temporary BP spikes therefore being physically active is one of the most important things you can do to prevent or control high blood pressure. Getting enough sleep, deep breathing, meditation, yoga, and exercising for at least 30 minutes daily can help reduce stress. Examples of moderate activities are brisk walking, cycling, gardening and housework.

Limit alcohol:
Not only does too much alcohol raise blood pressure, repeated excess drinking can lead to long-term BP increases. It is important to limit your alcohol intake.

Well I’m 75 and fighting fit and do want more! :slight_smile:

I had taken Cortel H40 tablets for HBP since 2010 & resulted in severe renal problems.My S.creatine rose to 3.18.
I was a healthy person till Diwali of 2013 & thereafter problems started.
They are all side effects & you want to trust allopathy??
Patanjali has saved me & not the allophathy Drs.

Buy 1 head fresh garlic beat in a zip lock plastic bag boil it for about 5 minutes. Strain and drink 1-8 oz cup every day . Monitor your BP