What is the immedite relief for gout swelling and pain?
Initial treatment for a gout attack is usually with a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications such as Motrin. Try to learn what causes your own gout attacks. Here are few tips that can help prevent gout attacks:
- Keep your weight under control. Obesity has been linked to gout.
- Take adequate fluid.
- Avoid a purine-rich diet.
- Reduce alcohol consumption.
- Fruits such as fresh cherries, strawberries, blueberries, and other red-blue berries, bananas, oranges, pineapple are beneficial.
- Include vegetables such as kale, cabbage, parsley, green-leafy vegetables, celery, tomatoes, red cabbage, red bell peppers, potatoes.
- Take low-fat dairy products.