why do i have to take a psychology class

Ever since the first day of ninth grade, I knew I would end up taking AP Psychology before I graduated. And I knew that when I did, it would probably turn out to be my favorite class of my entire high school experience.

As it turns out, that’s exactly what happened. I am now a quarter of the way done with my junior year, and a quarter of the way done with AP Psychology. Which, as I predicted, is by far my favorite class. But not for the reasons I thought it would be.

I decided to take the class because it seemed like the obvious thing to do. At my school, it is a course that is known for being an easy A. Everyone who ever took the class gave the teacher, who is infamously easygoing, rave reviews, both on RateMyTeachers.com and in casual hallway conversation. As long as you do your homework and study a little the night before each test, it’ll be one less class to worry about. Not to mention the GPA boost because of it being an AP class.

Now I am three months into the year, and third period psych still never fails to be the highlight of my day at school.

Now, here’s the catch: I easily spend more time on my psychology homework every night than I do any other class. Not only that, but we take a test at least every other week, and I find myself up in my room, hunched over the Psychology textbook for hours studying before each one. I can’t say the same for any other class, including math, my worst subject.